Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Cat and Cards...

They say a cat has nine lives.  Well.....if I were a cat, I'm on #8.  This new life is as unordered as the previous 7 were.  I didn't choose the cards....they were dealt.  Played 7 games (lives) and it isn't until the game is over that you realize what a good hand you had.


5 of the 7 games (lives) ended in what was perceived as a loss.  But the cards were good....just not what I would have picked.  And....in some sort of self-congratulatory way, I think I played them well.  


So my 8th game.....I can no longer bluff.  I no longer have a poker face.  The cards I've been dealt are seen clearly on my face.  But.....I will win this game.  I'm a seasoned player now...


After this.....one game is left....one life.....but now I sort of feel like I have a young 19 year old boy looking over my shoulder, reminding me of lessons learned in Game 7.

The house is too quiet.  Quiet seems to be what I notice.  Someone sent me a note to say that when God called Dylan home, He whispered it so only Dylan could hear.  Game 8 is very quiet...

No comments:

Post a Comment